Terms & Conditions
- Access to the accommodation is from 4pm on the first day of let and a condition of the let is that the property must be vacated by 10am on the day of departure. Early entry to the property may be negotiable, depending on availability.
- An initial deposit of 50% of the cost of hire is required to secure the booking. A further £100 security deposit for good housekeeping in addition to the balance of payment will be paid 4 weeks before the first day of letting. The security deposit will be returned to you following inspection of the property, within 1 week, either by bank transfer or by cheque, whichever is most convenient for you.
- In the case of short notice bookings, less than 30 days in advance, full payment + £100 good housekeeping deposit will be due within 72 hours of making the initial booking. If full payment has not been received within 72 hours, the owners reserve the right to cancel the booking. If circumstances prevent you from making payment within that time frame, please do get in touch with us personally.
- The booking fee includes staying in Ad Astra Self Catering for the dates specified, all gas, electricity and wood used during your stay, broadband, and the use of all bed linen and towels. A land line telephone is provided as a courtesy. Please do not use this for premium rate or mobile phone calls. Costs of calls to mobiles or premium rate numbers will be subtracted from the security deposit.
- The named hirer is responsible for maintaining the property, furniture, fixtures and fittings to the standard in which the property was hired. The cost of any damage within the property during the let will be charged to the hirer. This cost will cover the price of replacement of like for like items and/or the repair of any damage to any individual items and/or of the fabric/structure of the building.
- Ad Astra Self Catering regrets that we cannot accept pets.
- Ad Astra Self Catering is a non smoking establishment throughout.
- The letting contract is between the named hirer and Mr Donald MacLeod, 252 Danes Drive, Glasgow, G14 9AF.
- A maximum of 4 people can be accommodated within Ad Astra Self Catering, sub-letting is not allowed.
- The owners of Ad Astra Self Catering accept no liability for any death, personal injury or damage to own property during the letting period or in the course of any activities booked with the owner. The owners are not responsible for any injury or damage to persons, property or vehicles.
- If using the stove in the living room, please keep the door of the stove shut. Do not burn anything other than the wood provided, as the wood burner will be damaged by use of any other fuel. Please do not tamper with the smoke alarms or carbon monoxide alarms, these have been fitted for your safety, to comply with current building regulations.
- Do not alter or tamper with the Combi-boiler controls, please contact the owners if you are having difficulty with hot water or heating.
- The property owners have the right to enter the property at any time to carry out an inspection or repairs. The owners will make every effort to contact the tenants before entry by the owners or tradesmen.
- Should a cancellation be made by the guest, the Owner will seek to re-let the property for the period of hire. If successful in doing so a full refund will be made, if not the deposit will be forfeited. If cancellation occurs less than 4 weeks prior to hire and the Owner is unable to re-let for the period then the entire hire fee will be forfeited.
- If the owners of Ad Astra Self Catering have to cancel the booking for any reason, other than non-payment, a full refund will be paid, and we will use our best endeavours to find suitable accommodation in the vicinity. However no liability is accepted for other arrangements which the hirer has to make for travel or accommodation.
- We strongly recommend that guests take out cancellation insurance, in the event of circumstances beyond our control, for example, high winds causing closure of the Skye Bridge, ferry cancellation, or road closures, etc.